Mathematics – IGCSE
In Y10 and Y11, mathematics is one of the core subjects. It is mandatory for all students.
Two-year course. The exam is generally in the month of May.
Students choose between Core and Extended level:
- Extended mathematics is intended for students who are talented, interested and capable mathematicians. It should also be taken by those students who intend to pursue A level math degree and will need math for their future education.
- Core mathematics is intended for the students whose main interest does not lie in the sciences. The core exam is easier, involves less topics, and is a lower level math in comparison to Extended mathematics. It should be taken by students who are less capable and who struggle with math. The highest grade that can be achieved on the Core exam is a grade of C.
Topics covered at IGCSE level mathematics
- Algebra and graphs
- Coordinate geometry
- Vectors and transformations
How will our IGCSE Math tutor help you in your preparation?
- Our IGCSE Math tutor will help you master the IGCSE Math topic that you find most challenging
- You will learn the most updated and effective IGCSE Math exam skills related to the topic
- You will master all the IGCSE Math exam questions that can show up for the topic
- You will receive a copy of our complete, concise and exam-based IGCSE Math note
- You will receive a copy of our IGCSE Math Question bank, including all question types
Are you looking for the best private Maths tutors in Singapore for Online Classes?
SingaporeTutor.org helps you to find Online Maths tutors in your local area. We are the number one choice in Singapore to search the best Online Maths tutors for your needs, ranging from primary through to university level.
Boost your child’s confidence and ability in Mathematics
A home learning programme that adapts to your child in learning Maths. We create individual work plans for school students of all level, intelligently tailored to their strengths and weaknesses. Designed to reinforce existing knowledge while gradually introducing new concepts, our tutors are best suited to supplementing school learning at home.
Thousands of learning resources
Packed with exam technique lessons, model answers, progress quizzes and practice exam papers – all for your board examination. We know what it takes to get A* results, and give you the resources to get there.
Optimised learning plan
We create a unique plan based on how long until your exam and how well you know topics of your subject. Whether it’s improving your understanding, practising exam questions or memorising definitions, our tutors calculate the best use of your time.
World class teachers
Our teachers have thousands of hours of teaching experience under their belts. Our teachers work with brilliant minds producing some of the most effective study resources in the world.